Evaluation and Individual Treatment
The process begins with a comprehensive speech and language evaluation. Evaluations are age appropriate and, particularly for our younger students, are highly interactive and play based.
Our therapist perform evaluations and develop treatment plans and goals to address a child’s specific needs in the following areas:
- Language Delay and Disorders
- uditory Processing
- ord Retrieval / Memory Skills
- eading Comprehension
- nderstanding Questions / Following Directions
- Language Processing Disorders
- ral Motor and Apraxia of Speech
- ocial Language and Communication Skills
- Writing Skills
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
Our therapists are trained and skilled in a variety of methodologies, including:
- LindaMood Bell Visualizing and Verbalizing
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- Beckman Oral Motor Program
- Therapeutic Listening
- DIR (Floortime)
- S.O.S. Feeding Protocol
- Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner)
- SQ Write
- Expanding Expression Tool (EET)
School Treatment and Support
Our therapists provide treatment in many of Chicago’s private schools. They arrive fully prepared for each session with a plan and tools to elicit the goals established at the evaluation. They work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to determine how to best facilitate the goals through a push-in or pull-out approach.
Our therapists are also available to conduct classroom observations and provide either an oral or written report. Additionally we are happy to consult or be an active participant in the Individual Education Plan process.
Looking for a new school for your child? Our therapists are pleased to offer School Placement Consultations.
In-Home Treatment Option
Many of our clients value the convenience of having one of our speech and language therapist provide treatment services in their home. We offer therapy services seven days a week and will work with you to find a time that works best. We can also develop a home treatment plan for you to continue working with your child in between our visits.